Project: Residential construction condo in GTA East with opportunities for multiple projects.
Education & Knowledge:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Project Management, Engineering, or Civil Engineering related field.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe, Valid Ontario Driver’s License Proficient in the English language (written and oral) with strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines and work under strict time constraints
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Previous construction experience in multi-unit residential sector an asset.
- 5-10 + years of experience working in the multi-unit residential market sector
- Proven track record of successfully Managing as a coordinator for multiple project teams with up to 10 professionals.
- MS office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work closely under the guidance and direction of Project Manager and Superintendent to learn Fusioncorp construction methods and contract administration systems.
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings and complete/participate in completing construction plan, construction schedule, existing utility locates, material quantity takeoffs, material purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Manage the tender phase, bid submissions and results.
- Perform tender analysis for each scope of work and develop the resulting trade recommendations for Project Manager approval
- Administer purchase orders/contracts accordingly.
- Monitor work on site, to ensure compliance with owner’s standards, design procedures, contract specifications and building codes.
- Research solutions to design problems, including conflicts, unidentified existing interferences and errors/omissions; Assist Project Manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day-to-day duties of project administration.
- Coordinate with subcontractors in requesting and following up on shop drawing submittals, additional work pricing and design submittals
- Coordinate with consultants in response to RFIs.
- Coordinate the distribution of site instructions accordingly
- Administer RFCOs and resulting COs for project manager approval
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs (shop drawings submittal, RFI, SI, RFCO/CO, PO/contract, etc.), track responses and keep Project Manager and Superintendent up to date of the status; with follow up
- Assist in creating and updating as built and maintenance manual documents.
- Perform analysis of owner/engineer and subcontractor change requests to ensure compliance with contract documents and specifications.
- Attend internal coordination and project meetings as requested/required.
- Assist the site when required
- Coordinate and complete project photograph record.
- Complete additional assignments and responsibilities as requested by Project Manager or Senior Management.
- Become a candidate for promotion to Project Manager by developing good construction management skills and by learning and implementing Fusioncorp construction methods and techniques.